V.O.I.C.E. (Valuable Opportunities to Inspire Change through Empowerment) was born out of a pilot project funded by the Ministry of Community & Social Services and commissioned by University of Alberta Students’ Union Gender Based Violence Prevention Program (GBVPP).
Founded in 2014, GBVPP partnered with local professional, university and community teams to launch an innovative program that worked to empower athletes as leaders in their community. Program participants were encouraged, coached and supported to identify, interrupt and intervene in situations and environments that fostered a culture of gender-based-violence and discrimination.
Our Strategic Partners
VOICE will leverage support and expertise of campus and community agencies to augment and/or compliment our programming. We are committed to amplifying the voices and programs currently operating to ensure the duplication of services does not occur. Partnerships can range from short term training supports to more extensive program development and delivery.
- Ministry of Culture, MultiCulturalism & Status of Women
- Pro Sports (Canadian Football League (Calgary Stampeders, EE Football Team)
- Universities & Colleges (University of Alberta, University of Calgary, Keyano College)
- University of Alberta Population Research L:ab
- Alberta Mentoring Partnership
- Ending Violence Association of Canada, Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services